Monday, October 21

a shoulda been birthday

36 weeks
day before labor

38 weeks
surprise! I have a two week old baby?!


I've recently decided to give my son an additional birthday.
Porter is entitled to 10/8 as his official birthday, but also today. 10/21. Today was the day that I was supposed to head in to the hospital and have my planned C-Section for my little breech baby. But instead I am sitting here with my almost two week old baby boy on my lap, trying to write out my birth story to post here soon. Easier said than done. There are parts of that day that I want to remember but can't ... and then there are parts that I remember but oh lordy do I wish I could forget! But, that's the beautiful thing about a birth story. Every one is unique. Every one is different. And as far as I can tell, none of them go as planned.

So, I'm off to remember the good, the bad and the ugly.
Which may or may not include me biting my doctor.
That one falls under the "ugly" category.

Oh and I just remembered. Porter should get a third birthday as well. 11/4 is his official due date so why the heck not ... let's add one more. Presents and cake galore!

19 comments:

  1. So cute. Congrats to you guys!! Can't wait to read his birth story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky boy! And wow, lady. You look amazing. Congrats on your sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU BIT YOUR DOCTOR?!?! Oh Tiff, I have to hear this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and you look ahhhhmazing!!! You were ALL baby!!

      Delete
  4. Nothing wrong with three birthdays! Walter and I love Porter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy shoulda been birthday, Porter! And in a few weeks, have another happy shoulda been birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are glowing friend! You were made for motherhood :) Sherm seems to be adjusting well too! Loving the updates on Instagram! Take care of yourself-

    ReplyDelete
  7. COngrats on your early breech boy! :) That's fun! lots of cake and presents, if you tell him in the future im sure he'll try to get away with having all three "birthdays" He's so cute! Enjoy him in every moment~

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just the cutest!! You look absolutely stunning. And love the name Porter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are looking good girl!
    and hey give the kid all the birthdays you want! haha.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! But wait...you bit your doctor! Oh you have to post about this! LMAO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait you bit the doctor??? I need more information. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still love talking about my birth story almost 14 and 10 years later. :) And Everyone deserves 2 birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. bit the doctor?! i can't wait for this birth story! you look fantastic! i think 3 birthdays is perfectly acceptable! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmmm, biting the doctor? That's a new on me. Can't wait to hear that story!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look amazing! I can't wait to hear your birth story...it sounds like a doozy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You bit your Dr.??!! Oh, Tiff. Only you!

    ReplyDelete